Welcome to Regulating School International Alumni Portal
Naval Provost & Regulating School is a premier training institution which imparts professional training to selected officers and sailors of Indian and foreign Navies including Coast Guard in Provost, Policing and security duties. The school also imparts training in driving and riding (Light Motor Vehicle & Motor Cycle Royal enfield) to sailors from other branches nominated by the CABS, including Coast Guard and Foreign trainees.
The school came into existence in 1943 at HMIS Dalhousie in Mumbai which was later commissioned as INS Angre in 1951. The courses which were conducted here were conversion courses for Regulating Petty Officer and higher rank examinations for Master-At-Arms. In 1948 the school was then moved to the Naval Provost Barracks at Talwar Camp (near MT Pool) in Mumbai where Leading Patrolman course was introduced in 1950. The school was then shifted to INS Kunjali at Gun Carriage Basin, Colaba, Mumbai in 1954 and it was here that the school was named Regulating School. On 01 jan 1965 the first SD (REG) course was started and the first regular At-Arms course started in the year 1971. In the year 1985 the school then moved to Robert House Complex near US Club Colaba and later to old BV Yard near Colaba Fire Station in 1987. In the year 1992 the school saw a new base at T1 to T3 building at old INS Trata complex in Mumbai. It was in 1997 that the Regulating School shifted back into INS Kunjali, Mumbai. Finally the Naval Provost and Regulating School shifted and settled at the current location at INS Mandovi on 03 Aug 2009
©2020. All Rights Reserved.